Join one of my pay-what-you-feel cook-alongs to raise money for various good causes. All proceeds go to charity. Amount raised to date in 2022: $4,870.39. Thank you to everyone who has donated!
March 30th, 4pm PT/7pm ET Solidarity Sauerkraut
You need a mere two humble ingredients to make delicious, gut-friendly sauerkraut—cabbage and salt. You can add various other vegetables and seasonings if desired, such as:
- Caraway seeds for classic sauerkraut
- Several carrots and radishes
- 1 to 2 apples
- Fresh ginger and garlic
- Cayenne pepper
In this workshop, we’ll not only start a batch of this gateway ferment, we’ll also discuss:
- The basics of lacto-fermentation
- The benefits of fermented foods
- Why fermentation is safer than many other types of food preparation
- The basic tools you need—and the expensive ones you don’t
Two options for registering for this pay-what-you-feel workshop
Method 1 (preferred)
1. Donate to one of the following organizations aiding Ukraine (or a similar organization). Any amount secures a spot! Does your company or your spouse’s company match gifts? If so, please take the company up on its offer and double your impact!
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières
- Global Giving
- International Fund for Animal Welfare
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Razom Emergency Response
- World Central Kitchen
2. Take a screenshot of your receipt (blackout sensitive information).
3. Email your screenshot to email@example.com to receive the top-secret Zoom link for the workshop and a link to the list of materials. Please indicate the amount of your donation if your screenshot doesn’t include that information.
Register on Eventbrite. All proceeds will go to World Central Kitchen. Eventbrite does not issue tax receipts (another reason to choose Method 1).Register at Eventbrite
ChouAmi has generously donated a prize for my next fundraiser—Solidarity Sauerkraut on March 30th! I’ll draw the winner’s name randomly from the list of registrants during the event. (The drama!)
- If the winner lives in the US, they will receive a ChouAmi Fermentation Bundle.
- If the winner lives outside the US, they will receive a $100 USD gift certificate to spend at ChouAmi’s online shop.
The fermentation bundle includes:
- One ChouAmi Fermentation Kit. The top is made from high-quality stainless steel, and fits onto a beautiful French-made Le Parfait glass jar. Ideal for at-home fermentation.
- One Maple Wood Sauerkraut Pounder. This is made in Vermont.
- One “Perfect Pickles” Spice Blend (Organic). This custom blend includes organic green tea, which keeps your homemade pickles crunchy!
Previous 2022 workshops
February 24th: Shop-the-Fridge Soup
$113 raised for Solar Cookers International.
March 8th: Make Borsch Not War
$2,753.44 raised for humanitarian relief in Ukraine. Most attendees chose to donate to World Central Kitchen. Others donated to CARE, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières, International Committee of the Red Cross and Razom Emergency Response.
March 30th: Solidarity Sauerkraut
$2,003.95 raised for humanitarian relief in Ukraine. Attendees donated to the charities listed above in the previous workshop.