In addition to these events, I give talks and teach workshops for various organizations. These organizations have included NASA’s Johnson Space Center, Sierra Club, Plastic-Free July, Target, Facebook, PCC Community Markets, Singapore Writer’s Festival, libraries, waste management companies, corporations that want to both implement more sustainable practices and introduce low-waste concepts to their employees, and so on. To book a speaking engagement, please contact my bookings manager, Cecil Ang.
May 17th: Climate Reality Project Bay Area Cook-Along, 6pm PT
I’ll talk food waste and make kimchi. Register here.
May 24, Free Sourdough Starter Workshop, 4pm PT/7pm ET
All you need to make your own sourdough starter are flour, water and a bit of patience. In this class, I will show you how to start a starter culture and how to keep it alive. Bring your flour, water, jar and questions and I’ll answer as many as I can after we start our starters together. 200 SPOTS SOLD OUT!
May 26th: San Mateo Rotary Club Talk
June 10th to 12th: Live Sourdough Bread Cook-Along
You’ll need an active sourdough starter to make the bread in this small interactive class. With a maximum of 12 students, we will make our bread side-by-side. Go here for more information and to register.
June 16th: Philly Talks Trash, A Virtual Series on Waste
More info coming soon.
2022 Previous Events
- May 11th: Eco-Friendly Challenges, Food Waste Talk, 7pm PT/10pm ET
- May 7th: Klickitat County Washington Solid Waste Department Cooking Demo
- May 3rd: Santa Clara Library Author Talk
- April 28th: Howard Hughes Medical Institute Cooking Demo
- April 24th: Earth 2050 in Mill Valley
- April 22nd: Stanford Health Care Earth Day Event
- April 21st: Santa Clara Valley Water District Earth Day Talk
- April 14th: Santa Clara County Recycling and Waste Reduction Commission
- April 9th: Sunnyvale Drive Electric: Ride into Earth Month
- April 5th: Mustela Food-Waste Prevention Cook-Along
- April 3rd: Sunnyvale Edibles Gardening Talk
- April 2nd: Sunnyvale Going Native Garden Tour Talk
- March 31st: Acterra Cook-along on Zoom
- March 30th: Solidarity Sauerkraut Cook-Along Fundraiser
- March 24th: Katharine Hayhoe on Instagram Live
- March 15th: Sunnyvale Rotary Club
- March 8th: Make Borscht Not War Cook-Along Fundraiser
- Feb 24th: Make Soup Not Waste Cook-Along Fundraiser
- Feb 10th: Eleanor’s 8th Birthday Sourdough Starter Workshop
- Feb 7th: Green Change’s Regeneration Meetup
- Feb 7th: Live Zero Waste Challenge
- Feb 3rd: Sierra Club Southeast Michigan
- Jan 29th: Santa Clara County Library District Author Talk
- Jan 25th: Mountain View Library Cook-Along
- Jan 14th to 16th: Sourdough Bread Workshop
- Jan 6th: PCC Markets Sourdough Starter Cook-Along