Schedule of FREE July and August Webinars

Thank you once again to everyone who has attended my free webinars. I have really enjoyed teaching these classes and “meeting” you all online.

I have scheduled six more webinars, three in July and three in August. To register, please choose one or more from the list below and fill out the comment form at the bottom, noting which webinars you would like to join. You will need a Google account to participate. All webinar times are Pacific.

Five of these webinars feature fermentation, both a hot trend and a traditional technique for preparing delicious and gut-healthy food, which we humans have enjoyed for thousands of years. You can read about just some of the benefits of fermentation here.

IMG_20150531_095710
Zero-waste supplies for a recent big haul

July

1. Tuesday, July 7, 1pm to 1:45pm: Sourdough Starter

People have baked sourdough bread for about six thousand years. The slow fermentation of a true sourdough makes the grains more digestible, boosts their nutrition and results in a moist-on-the-inside, crusty-on-the-outside loaf that keeps longer than bread make with commercial yeast. But you’ll need to make and nurture a sourdough starter before you can bake the bread. (You can read my posts on making a starter here and here.)

I will be baking on the day of the webinar so in addition to showing you how to make your starter, I’ll explain a bit about what I’m doing with the bread in progress.

2. Saturday, July 11, 9am to 9:45am: Zero-Waste Cooking 101

In this webinar, I’ll cover how I prevent waste in my kitchen. Cutting the waste starts with shopping and ends with basic cooking skills and creativity.

3. Tuesday, July 14, 10am to 10:45am: Ginger Beer

You need only three ingredients to make ginger beer: organic ginger, sugar and water (four if you include time). I’ll demonstrate how to make both the ginger bug you’ll need to make your beer and the beer itself. If you dislike kombucha or can’t find a SCOBY to make it, you might love this.

IMG_20150616_075500
Three-ingredient sourdough bread still warm from the oven

August

4. Friday, August 7, 10am to 10:45am: Sourdough Starter

People have baked sourdough bread for about six thousand years. The slow fermentation of a true sourdough makes grains more digestible, boosts their nutrition and results in a moist-on-the-inside, crusty-on-the-outside loaf that keeps longer than bread make with commercial yeast. But you’ll need to make and nurture a sourdough starter before you can bake the bread. (You can read my posts on making a starter here and here.)

5. Tuesday, August 18, 10am to 10:45am: Naturally Carbonated Drinks

The first time I made naturally carbonated lemonade, I loved it but at the same time, felt a bit angry. How did Big Soda manage to take over?! These delicious drinks are so easy to make—and healthier for you too. I use a ginger bug to make mine and I’ll show you how to do that during the webinar. With the ginger bug, you can carbonate lemonade, tea, juice and so on.

6. Saturday, August 22, 9am to 9:45am: Fermented Salsa

I can’t really describe how good fermented salsa tastes. Unlike its store-bought counterpart, fermented salsa tastes fresh, healthy and tangy rather than vinegary, with a natural effervescence. And it’s so easy to make. Be warned, you will not want to buy store-bought after you have made your own (actually that goes for all of these recipes…).

2 Comment

1. Hi~ I would like to join the Aug 25 webinar “Naturally Carbonated Drinks”. Thanks! ~Linda

1. Hi Linda, I will add you to the list. Will you please email me at annemarie@zerowastechef.com so I can send you the link? Thank you 🙂